Friday 7 June 2013

Untitled

slaughterhouse90210: "Love blurs your vision; but after it...



slaughterhouse90210:

"Love blurs your vision; but after it recedes, you can see more clearly than ever. It's like the tide going out, revealing whatever's been thrown away and sunk: broken bottles, old gloves, rusting pop cans, nibbled fishbodies, bones. This is the kind of thing you see if you sit in the darkness with open eyes, not knowing the future. The ruin you've made."
—Margaret Atwood, Cat's Eye


slaughterhouse90210: "Also, I was in possession of a positive...



slaughterhouse90210:

"Also, I was in possession of a positive outlook, which is just a trick whereby you convince yourself that the desolation of your world is a phase in your personal growth. The weird thing is it works."
—Sam Lipsyte, The Fun Parts

 

slaughterhouse90210: "Perhaps it's that you can't go back in...



slaughterhouse90210:

"Perhaps it's that you can't go back in time, but you can return to the scenes of a love, of a crime, of happiness, and of a fatal decision; the places are what remain, are what you can possess, are what is immortal. They become the tangible landscape of memory, the places that made you, and in some way you too become them."
― Rebecca Solnit, A Field Guide to Getting Lost


slaughterhouse90210: "Perhaps the world progresses not by...



slaughterhouse90210:

"Perhaps the world progresses not by maturing, but by being in a permanent state of adolescence, of thrilled discovery."
― Julian Barnes, Levels of Life

neurosciencestuff: What It's Like to See Again with an...



neurosciencestuff:

What It's Like to See Again with an Artificial Retina

Elias Konstantopoulos gets spotty glimpses of the world each day for about four hours, or for however long he leaves his Argus II retina prosthesis turned on. The 74-year-old Maryland resident lost his sight from a progressive retinal disease over 30 years ago, but is able to perceive some things when he turns on the bionic vision system.

"I can see if you are in front of me, and if you try to go away," he says. "Or, if I look at a big tree with the system on I can maybe see some darkness and if it's bright outside and I move my head to the left or right I can see different shadows that tell me there is something there. There's no way to tell what it is," says Konstantopoulos.

A spectacle-mounted camera captures image data for Konstantopoulos; that data is then processed by a mini-computer carried on a strap and sent to a 60-pixel neuron-stimulating chip that was implanted in one of his retinas in 2009.

Nearly 70 people around the world have undergone the three-hour surgery for the retinal implant, which was developed by California's Second Sight and approved for use in Europe in 2011 and in the U.S. earlier this year (see "Bionic Eye Implant Approved for U.S. Patients"). It is the first vision-restoring implant sold to patients.

Currently, the system is only approved for patients with retinitis pigmentosa, a degenerative eye condition that strikes around one in 5,000 people worldwide, but it's possible the Argus II and other artificial retinas in development could work for those with age-related macular degeneration, which affects one in 2,000 people in developed countries. In these conditions, the photoreceptor cells of the eye (commonly called rods and cones) are lost, but the rest of the neuronal pathway that communicates visual information to the brain is often still viable. Artificial retinas depend on this remaining circuitry, so cannot work for all forms of blindness.

Read more

"People had a habit of looking at me as if I were some kind of...



















"People had a habit of looking at me as if I were some kind of mirror instead of a person. They didn't see me, they saw their own lewd thoughts, then they white-masked themselves by calling me the lewd one."

retrogasm: Katy Keene



retrogasm:

Katy Keene

White Tiger by Adrien Sifre



White Tiger by Adrien Sifre

sisterofthewolves: by Tombako The Jaguar



sisterofthewolves:

by Tombako The Jaguar

Photo



earthlynation: Snowy Predator



earthlynation:

Snowy Predator

wolveswolves: By Sometimesong on Flickr



wolveswolves:

By Sometimesong on Flickr

I am choosing to respect myself…and be alone. And say no. Until it’s right…...

I am choosing to respect myself…and be alone. And say no. Until it’s right… I’ve made mistakes before and I don’t need any more repeats.

my-kala: pr0ve: how could you not reblog this. Hardcore...



my-kala:

pr0ve:

how could you not reblog this.

Hardcore judging you if you don't reblog this.

Never thoughts of suicide I’m too alive.

Never thoughts of suicide I’m too alive.

You sick, ugly, disgusting, cunt loving, menstrual blood drinking lesbian freak you are a disgrace to your family. No wonder they wish you were dead.. no parent wants their daughter to be a sick cunt loving lesbian retard like you. They cry themselves to sleep every single night for having you and hope you would die so you dont embarrass them anymore. Kill yourself you sick fuck and make them happy once in your pathetic life. Choke on menstrual blood you love so much. Dumb ugly dyke.

Actually I'm sorry I feel like I had to address this. First off you are a weak asz bitch for making yourself anonymous. Second no I do not drink period blood I'm sorry you have me confused with someone else. Third I am not a lesbian, and even if I was that is no reason for me to kill myself. Something is fucked up in your ignorant head if you think that because an individual is lesbian they should kill themselves. And my tumblr is about me and things that I like so get off my shit. And I'm not ugly , I am beautiful and amazing and your a jealous ignorant psychotic bitch. Okay. Thanks have a good day(:

Photo



this-crazy-thing-called-life-198: Growing up as a mixed kid it...









this-crazy-thing-called-life-198:

Growing up as a mixed kid it was either the Chancla or Belt .___.

Photo



lilone100: Fotos de la biografĂ­a | via Facebook on...



lilone100:

Fotos de la biografĂ­a | via Facebook on @weheartit.com - http://whrt.it/172dSMM

No comments:

Post a Comment