Sunday 9 June 2013

Some Things She NEVER Said

A Letter To The Hearts of My Generation:

Love,

So maybe we're all lost, searching for that feeling, that bigger picture, that fulfillment. And maybe, in the midst of being lost, we're losing the hope that everything we could ever possibly find in the world, God has already put in us. I've learned that it's not about fitting the mold, or embracing the norm, or even being who others want you to be. It's about being strong enough to stand firm and unapologetically be you. Most people are lost because they are looking for outside validation on how to be the only thing they're supposed to know how to be, and that's themselves.

This world has this way of making us feel alone. The hard times come and start making us feel cold and secluded but we aren’t alone, regardless of how down we get or how many people betray our trust, or how many times we're told "no" and to be patient, we're not alone. What connects us is our desire to truly be "us". When you find yourself trapped in that feeling of loneliness, ask yourself; "Am I lonely because no one cares, or am I lonely because I'm not strong enough to let anyone get close enough to care?"

What I’ve found is that we shy away from sharing what we really feel, we avoid showing what we really desire, and we run from opportunities to chase our real dreams. And we do all this for what; so we can fit in an overcrowded box of undeservingly celebrated mediocrity? No. Not anymore. Because from this moment to forever, I'm hoping for more, not just for me, but also for the heart of hearts in you.

From this day forward, I promise not to let the fears of my mind force me to backspace the words from my heart, ever, again. Vulnerability is strength. It takes courage to be seen as you are, to love as you love, and to be whatever you wish to be. So… Be you, for nobody else but you.

Hope is beyond fear. Faith is beyond disappointment. Love is beyond pain. Persistence is beyond rejection. Dedication is beyond doubt.

Don't get too caught up in wanting things to be easy. Struggle teaches you the value of sacrifice, and sacrifice promises success. The more you quit, the more you lose. Stop looking around and start looking within.

So maybe it isn't as simple as "I like you"; "I like you too"; and then "Happily Ever After". Maybe you have to get hurt, be lied to, and rise from disappointment to really know that you're alive. I've wondered, for some time now, what the greatest prize life had to offer could be. I'm not sure if I know, but I am certain that the greatest prize for my life, at this very moment, would be the freedom to love without the presence of fear, the boldness to try without the worries of rejection, and the wholeness to exist without the suffocating presence of loneliness.

I refuse to believe that having hope is a joke. I don't care if people think it's dumb to desire 50 years of marriage and love. I don't care if people think I'm crazy for treasuring happiness enough to pursue my dreams and have whatever career I choose. I don't care if I'm laughed at for believing I deserve the simplicity of having peace and joy. Hope is all I have!

And at this very moment, Hope is all I need. I hope this inspires you, and if nothing else, gives you the courage to have Hope, for yourself.

Rob Hill

Ezekiel & Janette..ikz - Ready Or Not



Ezekiel & Janette..ikz - Ready Or Not

No comments:

Post a Comment